What’s it like to live here?
Yolanda’s Home is a family home.
All assisted living facilities provide residents with support for activities of daily living such as assistance with walking, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
You’ll get that whether you choose a big apartment complex or a smaller one.
But Yolanda’s Home customizes residents’ care based on regular assessments of their changing abilities and consistent coordination with their physicians, therapists, and family.
On arrival, residents receive an initial assessment that establishes their level of care from Level 1 (light assistance needed) to Level 3 (severely disabled to hospice). Then the nursing team reviews their care every 45 days.
Residents’ levels of care may go up after an assessment if they have a medical event or down if they recover well from an incident or hospital stay.
Residents receive all of their meals at the dinner table, with well-balanced menus designed and served with their medical needs and preferences in mind.
Rooms are fully furnished with beds, storage, closets, and window dressings.
Residents may add their own furnishings to make their rooms their own—a favorite recliner, perhaps, or a small set of collectible dolls. Beloved photos and other art are all welcome.
We have on-site laundry and offer regular bedding, towel, and cleaning service.
And to support residents’ waking schedules and sleep hygiene, we promote consistent household routines, including lights out by 11 p.m.
When we found Yolanda’s Home, we knew this was the place for our mom, and when the opportunity came to move our stepmother out of her home, we knew there was no other choice but to also bring her to Yolanda.
Before my mother came to Yolanda’s Home, she’d been living in one of the mega-size assisted livings. She experienced multiple falls there and growing health issues to the point of being hospitalized.
While she was in the hospital, we searched for a more suitable facility, one that was warm, caring, and nurturing. We wanted her to be somewhere that was like living at home.
Our stepmother had a major health episode two weeks later, and without the care and attention of Yolanda’s Home I don’t believe she would still be with us. Mom passed last fall after 8 happy years with Yolanda, her staff, and her family. I can’t think of a better place to have trusted with our parents’ care.
Laura GrandnerResident’s daughter
An Easy-going Atmosphere
We create a kind, easy-going environment and new residents usually settle in within a couple of weeks.
Residents can enjoy visiting time by the large ground-floor windows, watch birds and deer outside or from the plant-filled west-facing sunroom, or walk the driveway or yard for daily exercise.
Yolanda lives onsite with her own family, including her mother. Someone is always on duty to offer the care that residents might need through the day or night.
We also offer several other support services:
Medical and wellness services
- Medical reviews at Yolanda’s Home if residents join the practice of our affiliated primary care doctor
- Medication administration and prescription renewals
- Onsite hair cuts and treatments with our affiliated stylists
- Access to in-house physical therapy and hospice care
- A graded, level driveway for walker or scooter exercise
- A 3-acre lot with ample lawn for outdoor walks with visitors or staff
- Cable TV and 1GB wireless internet service in every room
- An assortment of table games, coloring and word search books, and jigsaw puzzles for every ability
- An outdoor swimming pool (3ft-6ft depth) open from April to September
- A poolside propane grill and outdoor seating for picnics
- Singalongs at the player piano
- Birthday celebrations with family
- Special holiday menus, particularly at St. Patrick’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Cleo and Jet, indoor-only cats who love to curl up on residents’ lap blankets
- Cosmo, a rescue Jack Russell Terrier who is very good at announcing visitors and playing with his squeaky ball
Yolanda’s Home is a fully licensed assisted living provider with the Howard County Office on Aging and Independence.
We also participate in the Howard County Senior Care Subsidy program and can show you how to get on the list.
Let us help.
Talk to us about your family’s situation.